Phased Array Antenna Development
4×4 Modules vs. Quarter
Scalable Architecture: 4×4 to 16×16 to 80×80 Antenna Sub-Arrays
The Company is investing heavily into the R&D of next generation antenna systems and has aggressive plans to be a disruptive force in the antenna design market. C-COM is in late-stage development of a potentially revolutionary Ka-band, electronically steerable, modular, conformal, flat panel phased array antenna. In cooperation with the University of Waterloo, (CIARS), C-COM is engaged in the design of this unique antenna with the intent of providing low-cost, high-throughput mobility applications over GEO, LEO and MEO satellite constellations for land, airborne and maritime verticals.
The Company has received Government funding for the project and owns all the intellectual properties relating to the design and development of this technology. The Company has already received two patents relating to the design of this new antenna system and additional patents are pending. This project should provide C-COM with new revolutionary patentable Ka-band and higher frequency (5G+/6G) antenna technology. The antenna is going to be able to track multiple satellites in GEO/LEO and MEO orbits and could also be deployed on spacecraft and other airborne vehicles like HAPS and drones.
Advantages of Proposed Technology
- System can have full control over each module
- Can perform electronic beam steering
- Can optimize the beam
- Can electronically scan 360 degrees
- Gain can be increased by adding multiple modules
- Allows for small building blocks which can be used to make any size of antenna;
- Bends to fit various shaped surfaces
3. Dramatic cost reduction using C-COM developed Integrated Circuits (MMIC’s)
- One antenna consists of several thousands’ chips, a few hundred antennas could reach a volume of millions of chips.
- It will be easy to reach “economies of scale”, leading to significant cost savings.
- Applicable to many vertical markets.
Flat Panel Antenna vs Parabolic Under Test
Cars with Phased Array Antennas
“NEXT GEN” – HEFPA 5G CELLULAR AND SATELLITE